– One of the easiest Organic SEO Tips is to be sure you have strong URLs. You can do this by making sure that your page URL is one of your keyterms mentioned on that page. In WordPress we call these Permalinks.
– Good Keyword Density. Be sure to have a healthy balance of keywords sprinkled in throughout your content but NOT TOO MANY or you’ll get in trouble for keyword stuffing. That can get you blacklisted on google.
– This one is HUGE and is missed by MANY companies! Call to Action (CTA). This seems silly to mention in an SEO article, but truth is your website needs to ASK your visitor to do something – either Call Now, or Buy Now, or Get a Free Quote Today! Making your CTA a click takes your customer one click deeper into your website. The further into your site a visitor goes, the better it looks from Google’s perspective. So make your CTA a clickable link that takes your visitor to a form to fill out or a shopping cart page.
– Social Media Interaction. Google LOVES socialization! They want to see those social media icons linked out to social sites. They want to see your Facebook feed on your website, or your instagram photos on your website, or your Google+ Reviews link. When they find this type of interaction, they know that you care about networking, that you care about your customers, and that you are actively reaching out. Every company can use this FREE resource for SEO and it works!
– Videos! Google LOVES YouTube cause they own it! So if you have a Youtube channel, you can have that dynamically filter into your WordPress website. Videos cause visitors to stay on your site for an additional 30 seconds to 2 minutes! Can you imagine your analytics as people spend time watching your videos?
There are several ways you can create videos – we can do it for you, you can also create a YouTube channel and go out to “Like” other people videos adding them to your playlists. This is a fast way to create a channel. However, be aware that when you add your own videos you can create backlinks for YOUR OWN BUSINESS. When all you do is “Like” other companies’ videos you’re promoting them.
– Alt Tags & Image Names. You probably know that Google cannot read images, but they can read the alt tag text you place behind them as well as the image name itself (imagename.jpg). These should be your keywords. Every image should be named correctly, and given the proper alt tag text – including your LOGO. It should not be named LOGO.jpg
– Lastly be sure to include a robots.txt file on your root directory. This is important to give direction to the search engines. The robots.txt file tells search engine crawlers which directories can or cannot be crawled. You need to be sure this file is current so that you don’t accidentally block the Googlebot crawler. Watch this helpful Google Video below on Finding Your Site on Google.